Thursday, 26 January 2017




"A study in scales"
16" x 20"
acrylics
2017



"Coretta"
9.5" x 12"
cardstock, graphite pencil, white charcoal
2017





"Decay"
12" x 12"
acrylics, water soluble graphite pencil, collage material
2017







"Partners and extinction"
five plates 9" x 9"
hand sculpted ceramics, underglaze pencil, glaze
2016




"Chimpanzee Humerus"
drawn to scale
commissioned by the Primate Osteology Lab
ink
2013




Bone love
Take my skin as you hold
my hand, strip it off, gentle.
Peel it from my legs, pulling
up my ankles, leaving crimson
rinds behind. I want to count
the ribs that hold me, flay
my chest bare. My muscles
will fall like ribbons, so take
my skin, my largest organ,
fold it like silk, and stick it
in your back pocket. At night,
hold me to the sky, let the moon
burn through me. Memorize my pelt:
pearly stretch marks, fifty four moles,
the birthmark shaped like Africa.
I’m only bones and skin, so take
the part of me that can touch
and leave my desert bleached
bones in their pile.


poem placed third in a competition judged by Pulitzer Prize nominee Andrew Hudgins
2012







excerpts from zine produced for the Kidd Tutorial
4.25" x 5.5" pages
original poetry, butcher paper, acrylic paint, ink, collage materials
2012






"A murder"
6.5" x 6.5" x 4"
hand sculpted ceramics, sgrafitto underglaze, glaze
2015





"Troll"
9" x 5" x 4"
hand sculpted ceramics, glaze
2014







"Alone together"
9" x  9" x 5.5"
hand sculpted ceramics, underglaze pencil, glaze
2015



"Whenever I'm with you"
quote from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
16" x 12"
acrylics
2012


"Lava-brain"
quote from Michelle Tea
16" x 20"
acrylics
2012

"As above, so below"
two canvases 10" x 10"
acrylics
2011

No comments:

Post a Comment